One night while I was almost asleep I got an idea so clear I had to get up to write it down and do some research. My sister had mentioned that she was really enjoying the doodles I was doing and I wanted to make her a piece that was something she could use. The idea I had was for a white space bookmark using a certain font for the lettering. It didn’t take me long to find the font I was looking for and using that as a template I got to doodling.
This was a gift for my sister. For hers I printed out her name and did a graphite transfer to start. The background is Sand Swirl.
And this one is for the oldest nephew. When I saw the Struzzle pattern I had to use it for him as it reminded me of the Autism Speaks logo. On his lettering I wasn’t able to download the font I wanted. Instead I took the example I liked and sketched it myself. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.
And this one is for the youngest nephew. I had an idea of the way I wanted the font to look for this but nothing as clear as my sister’s. Once again I had issues finding the font but buoyed by my success lettering the first one I found an example of what I liked and sketched it. I wasn’t happy with the size of the “i” so I enlarged it. The background pattern here is Fassett.
In the end I added three more tangles to my library. I really enjoyed all of them. I admit I was amazed that I did all three of these in one day. I’m glad that the challenges I was waiting for weren’t up because it cleared time for me to do these.